For those who thought that the marriage between William and Kate is not reason enough to travel to London: currently being held in the London 2012 Olympic Games, for many countrymen closer than ever. But a visit to the games is not just a cheap day trip.
Tips for participating in the games themselves
?? It’s what counts?. It is probably the most quoted Olympic motto, but Baron Pierre de Coubertin, who will not have been formulated so literally. But it is true. At least if you are a competitor and prey on an Olympic gold medal.
Next year you will have the chance to experience the extraordinary atmosphere of the Olympic Games in London. England, after all, is just a stone’s throw away. And to help you make your trip to London and the unique Olympic atmosphere without preparing for the stress, we have compiled some helpful tips for you.
Remember that the last summer Olympics in two weeks. A little flexible, it is so worth it to get the best flight and hotel deals. And you have no idea how exciting can also weight training, when the charged atmosphere you rush suddenly even if you normally prefer basketball.
Now that the 2012 Olympics will be literally next door, is the demand for tickets from the Netherlands and Belgium. Many sports enthusiasts would play as to experience a closer look. And when the demand exceeds the supply of tickets really exceeds this obviously has an impact on prices. The London Games would therefore sometimes can be very expensive: the average fare is soon?? 150, =.
The application period for the regular tickets are now over. Tickets for the Paralympic Games will be sold from September 9, 2011.
The official website of the London 2012 show that most hotels in London is located in the western part of the city and thus the perfect lend to explore the city with its different cultural offer of museums, shops and theatres within walking distance.
Yet the real sports fans, mainly because of the games to travel London, recommended to start looking for a hotel in the eastern part of the city. After all, gone are playing most sports and is the main Olympic Park. Football and tennis are not, however, it instead!
Transport in London
Yes, up to 2012 everything will only get better, but currently makes public transport in London is still a lot to be desired. A good tip is to find a base close to the Docklands Light Railway. This railway connects many Olympic competition venues, has a good connection to the underground and are not only reliable but also relatively cheap.
OS for free
Some of the most exciting sporting events you can join totally free:
- Marathon through the city;
- The triathlon in Hyde Park,
- cycling at Buckingham Palace.
Just sit on the road and cheering!
And of course the popular?? Public Viewing? not missing. On large screens, such as at Woolwich in South East London, you can also share the experience of sporting events.
Arriving by plane
- London Stansted Airport is the airport that low-cost carriers the most pathetic. It is located 48 miles northeast of London. From there you can take the Stansted Express train to the Centre of Liverpool Street Station. As usual, for example buses from National Express and Terravision require more time. But they are much cheaper when you get to your destination quicker with a taxi but more should pay.
- London Heathrow Airport is the main international airport, about 24 miles west of London. From there you can take the underground dirt cheap to London or Heathrow Express to Paddington. Of course, there are also National Express and taxis. The latter, however, is very expensive.
- London Gatwick Airport is 40 kilometres to the South of London and Gatwick Express train to Victoria in London connected. Once again, National Express buses and taxis.
File:KOCIS Korea Judo Kim Jaebum London 03 (7696374492 …
Olympic Games wallpapers, Sports, HQ Olympic Games …
Olga Korbut TodayOlga Korbut
Yoshi, 100m Hurdles
File:Korea London Jang Miran 03 (7771959092).jpg …
You could be a psychopath if you don’t yawn, a study has …
ArcelorMittal Slide & Prosecco | Greater London
Lots of Lego Minifigures in the crowd
Breaking the Curse of Billy Penn
Zaha Hadid: the Melbourne skyscraper she left behind
Charlotte Dujardin CBE
Tower 42, London
Victoria Pendleton hot
2012 Summer Olympics torch relay
London 2012 Wallpapers
London 2012 Archives
Download Olympic Games For Pc
London 2012 Olympic Games (project management)