The ten tallest buildings in the world are in Asia and the United States. It is the ambition of many countries to own the tallest skyscraper on earth and thus to set a monument for themselves. The race towards this goal sometimes grows strange. That is why the list of the ten tallest buildings in the world is always just a snapshot, because a higher one is already planned or already under construction.
Towers that streak the sky
As long as there are people, they try to get high. Just think of the Tower of Babel or the pyramids of the ancient Egyptians. But it wasn’t until the beginning of the 20th century that they found the opportunity to build the first skyscrapers with the groundbreaking inventions of skeleton construction and the elevator. Today, the most modern technologies and sophisticated technology make it possible to erect buildings of previously unimaginable heights, which are supposed to withstand storms and other weather phenomena even earthquakes. It won’t be long before a building is completed that towers over a kilometer high into the sky. The foundation stone for the Kingdom Tower of Jeddah / Saudi Arabia was laid in 2013 and it is scheduled to be inaugurated in 2019.
The hit parade of the currently tallest buildings on earth
Number 1 on the hit list is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai – see picture above. It measures 829 meters to the top and the roof height is 739 meters. In just 6 years from 2004 to 2010, the building with its 163 floors above ground was completed. It houses a luxury hotel, restaurants and apartments and has 57 elevators and 8 escalators.
Second place is at 632 meters to the top of the Shanghai Tower. Its roof height is 575 meters. It has 121 floors above ground, which are used for a hotel, a shopping center, offices and apartments.
In third place is the Makkah Clock Royal Tower of Mecca / Saudi Arabia. Its height is 601 meters to the top, the observation deck is at a height of 558 meters. In total, the building, which houses a hotel, a shopping center and apartments, has 120 floors, 94 elevators and 16 escalators.
Number 4 is occupied by the One World Trade Center in Manhatten in New York – see the picture below. It stands at the place where the Word Trade Center was destroyed by a terrorist attack in 2011 and measures 541 meters to the top and 417 meters to the roof. The 1 WTC was only completed in November 2014.
The 5th tallest building in the world is the CTF Finance Center in Guangzhou, China, at 530 meters. The tower is used in a mixed way, with office space, a hotel and apartments.
Number 6, the Taipei Tower of Taiwan, is 21 meters smaller. It has 101 floors above ground and was completed in 2004.
The Shanghai World Financial Center of China follows in 7th place. Its landmark is the bridged peak at a height of 494 meters.
8th place is occupied by the International Commerce Center (ICC) of Hong Kong / China. It has 118 floors and houses banks and other business offices as well as the highest hotel in the world on the top 13 floors.
9th and 10th place go to the twin towers of the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, see picture above – in Malaysia.
- 10 Magical Temples in Asia
- 5 Things to Do in Bangkok
- Argentina Travel Guide
- Bolivia Travel Guide
- Brief Information about Sweden
- Brief Information about Ukraine
- Cape Verde Travel Guide
- Estonia Tour Plan
- European History Late Middle Ages
- France Tour Plan
- Germany Travel Guide
- Ireland Travel Guide
- Jordan Travel Guide
- Kenya Travel Guide
- Latvia Travel Guide
- Malta Travel Guide
- National Parks of Sri Lanka
- Nepal Travel Guide
- Oman Culture and Traditions
- Poland Travel Guide
- Qatar Economy
- Russia Location
- Rwanda Travel Guide
- Singapore Green City Melting Pot of Cultures
- Slovenia Travel Guide
- Tanzania Feel The Pulse of The African Wilderness
- Tanzania Travel Guide
- Top 10 Sights in Sweden
- Trips to China
- Trips to Vietnam
- United States Travel Guide
- West Africa Voodoo Traditions and History
- Zimbabwe Geography
U.S. State Outline
- Climate and Weather of Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago September 19, 2022 - The climate of Trinidad Trinidad is the largest island of the two larger islands of Trinidad and Tobago and is located just 11 kilometers off the east coast of Venezuela.… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Beledweyne, Somalia September 12, 2022 - The climate of Beledweyne Beledweyne is a large city in southern Somalia, in the Hiiraan region. Beledweyne is not far from the border with Ethiopia. The River Shebelle runs right… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Bel Ombre, Mauritius September 5, 2022 - The climate of Bel Ombre According to Bridgat, Bel Ombre is located on the south coast of Mauritius. The name comes from French and means beautiful shade. This village is… Read more
- Climate and Weather in Belem, Brazil August 22, 2022 - The climate of Belem Located in northeastern Brazil, at the mouth of the Amazon River , Belem is the capital of the state of Pará. Due to its location at… Read more
- Turkey Interesting Facts August 15, 2022 - Merhab Facts, this is how they greet in Turkey, a country: where East and West meet; where magical Turkish nights take place, attracting crowds of tourists; where oriental mystery and… Read more
- Resorts and Attractions in Netherlands August 8, 2022 - The Netherlands - the state consists of the Western European part and the islands of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, Saba in the Caribbean Sea. Shared land borders with Germany and Belgium.… Read more
- History of Turkey August 1, 2022 - The first important civilization in Anatolia was that of the Hittites, around 1900 - 1200 BC, a people originating from the central plateau. This civilization was destroyed by the invasions of the 'peoples of… Read more
- Eating and Living in Singapore July 25, 2022 - Annually Singapore is visited by 7 million people, they are attracted by the land where the traditions of ancient cultures with a thousand-year history coexist in harmony and the achievements… Read more
- What to See in Aleppo and Palmyra (Syria) July 18, 2022 - Aleppo (Haleb) (Syria) Aleppo is located 360 km from Damascus. This is the second largest city in Syria, the so-called second capital of the state. The Arabic version of the… Read more
- What to See in South Korea July 11, 2022 - Andong (South Korea) Andong is located in the north of North Gyeongsang Province on the banks of the Nakdong River. Under the state of Silla, Andon was called Chinhan and… Read more