The ten tallest buildings in the world are in Asia and the United States. It is the ambition of many countries to own the tallest skyscraper on earth and thus to set a monument for themselves. The race towards this goal sometimes grows strange. That is why the list of the ten tallest buildings in the world is always just a snapshot, because a higher one is already planned or already under construction.
Towers that streak the sky
As long as there are people, they try to get high. Just think of the Tower of Babel or the pyramids of the ancient Egyptians. But it wasn’t until the beginning of the 20th century that they found the opportunity to build the first skyscrapers with the groundbreaking inventions of skeleton construction and the elevator. Today, the most modern technologies and sophisticated technology make it possible to erect buildings of previously unimaginable heights, which are supposed to withstand storms and other weather phenomena even earthquakes. It won’t be long before a building is completed that towers over a kilometer high into the sky. The foundation stone for the Kingdom Tower of Jeddah / Saudi Arabia was laid in 2013 and it is scheduled to be inaugurated in 2019.
The hit parade of the currently tallest buildings on earth
Number 1 on the hit list is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai – see picture above. It measures 829 meters to the top and the roof height is 739 meters. In just 6 years from 2004 to 2010, the building with its 163 floors above ground was completed. It houses a luxury hotel, restaurants and apartments and has 57 elevators and 8 escalators.
Second place is at 632 meters to the top of the Shanghai Tower. Its roof height is 575 meters. It has 121 floors above ground, which are used for a hotel, a shopping center, offices and apartments.
In third place is the Makkah Clock Royal Tower of Mecca / Saudi Arabia. Its height is 601 meters to the top, the observation deck is at a height of 558 meters. In total, the building, which houses a hotel, a shopping center and apartments, has 120 floors, 94 elevators and 16 escalators.
Number 4 is occupied by the One World Trade Center in Manhatten in New York – see the picture below. It stands at the place where the Word Trade Center was destroyed by a terrorist attack in 2011 and measures 541 meters to the top and 417 meters to the roof. The 1 WTC was only completed in November 2014.
The 5th tallest building in the world is the CTF Finance Center in Guangzhou, China, at 530 meters. The tower is used in a mixed way, with office space, a hotel and apartments.
Number 6, the Taipei Tower of Taiwan, is 21 meters smaller. It has 101 floors above ground and was completed in 2004.
The Shanghai World Financial Center of China follows in 7th place. Its landmark is the bridged peak at a height of 494 meters.
8th place is occupied by the International Commerce Center (ICC) of Hong Kong / China. It has 118 floors and houses banks and other business offices as well as the highest hotel in the world on the top 13 floors.
9th and 10th place go to the twin towers of the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, see picture above – in Malaysia.
- 10 Magical Temples in Asia
- 5 Things to Do in Bangkok
- Argentina Travel Guide
- Bolivia Travel Guide
- Brief Information about Sweden
- Brief Information about Ukraine
- Cape Verde Travel Guide
- Estonia Tour Plan
- European History Late Middle Ages
- France Tour Plan
- Germany Travel Guide
- Ireland Travel Guide
- Jordan Travel Guide
- Kenya Travel Guide
- Latvia Travel Guide
- Malta Travel Guide
- National Parks of Sri Lanka
- Nepal Travel Guide
- Oman Culture and Traditions
- Poland Travel Guide
- Qatar Economy
- Russia Location
- Rwanda Travel Guide
- Singapore Green City Melting Pot of Cultures
- Slovenia Travel Guide
- Tanzania Feel The Pulse of The African Wilderness
- Tanzania Travel Guide
- Top 10 Sights in Sweden
- Trips to China
- Trips to Vietnam
- United States Travel Guide
- West Africa Voodoo Traditions and History
- Zimbabwe Geography
U.S. State Outline
- Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas June 20, 2022 - Nasher Sculpture Center (Dallas, USA) - expositions, opening hours, address, phone numbers, official website. The Nasher Sculpture Center is located in the Arts District of Dallas and houses the Raymond… Read more
- Sacramento, California June 13, 2022 - Guide to Sacramento: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to go in the evening. The most interesting in Sacramento: fresh reviews and photos,… Read more
- North Macedonia Travel Tips June 6, 2022 - USEFUL ADVICE According to Plus-Size-Tips.com, Macedonia has announced a ban on smoking in public places. It is forbidden to smoke in restaurants, cafes, bars, educational institutions, government agencies, cinemas and… Read more
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Physical Characteristics May 30, 2022 - According to Picktrue.com, Democratic Republic of the Congo is a Central African State ; from 1971 to 1997 officially called Zaire. It borders to the North with the Central African… Read more
- Lebanon Architecture May 23, 2022 - With the strong urban development of the town, which took place between the end of the fifties and the sixties, the international language was established in the architecture of Lebanon… Read more
- Latvia Attractions and Nightlife May 10, 2022 - Attractions Riga Riga, the capital of Latvia, is one of the most beautiful Baltic cities and European Capital of Culture 2014. The architectural diversity is great, which is particularly evident… Read more
- Hawaii Geography and Climate May 3, 2022 - For many, Hawaii with its warm and tropical climate, beautiful beaches and active volcanoes is a fantastic destination, but apart from wonderful views, this is an exciting place culturally and… Read more
- Geography of Finland April 26, 2022 - General information about Finland The official name is the Republic of Finland (Suomen Tasavalta). It is located in northern Europe in the eastern part of the Scandinavian Peninsula. The area… Read more
- Geography of Cuba April 19, 2022 - General information about Cuba The official name is the Republic of Cuba (Republica de Cuba, Republic of Cuba). Located in the West Indies. It occupies an archipelago that is part… Read more
- Negros Island, Philippines April 12, 2022 - Majestic volcanic landscapes, mountain rain forests of the tropics, fabulous coastal scenery and a lot of sugar cane - that's what Negros is! This island is part of the Western… Read more