The ten tallest buildings in the world are in Asia and the United States. It is the ambition of many countries to own the tallest skyscraper on earth and thus to set a monument for themselves. The race towards this goal sometimes grows strange. That is why the list of the ten tallest buildings in the world is always just a snapshot, because a higher one is already planned or already under construction.
Towers that streak the sky
As long as there are people, they try to get high. Just think of the Tower of Babel or the pyramids of the ancient Egyptians. But it wasn’t until the beginning of the 20th century that they found the opportunity to build the first skyscrapers with the groundbreaking inventions of skeleton construction and the elevator. Today, the most modern technologies and sophisticated technology make it possible to erect buildings of previously unimaginable heights, which are supposed to withstand storms and other weather phenomena even earthquakes. It won’t be long before a building is completed that towers over a kilometer high into the sky. The foundation stone for the Kingdom Tower of Jeddah / Saudi Arabia was laid in 2013 and it is scheduled to be inaugurated in 2019.
The hit parade of the currently tallest buildings on earth
Number 1 on the hit list is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai – see picture above. It measures 829 meters to the top and the roof height is 739 meters. In just 6 years from 2004 to 2010, the building with its 163 floors above ground was completed. It houses a luxury hotel, restaurants and apartments and has 57 elevators and 8 escalators.
Second place is at 632 meters to the top of the Shanghai Tower. Its roof height is 575 meters. It has 121 floors above ground, which are used for a hotel, a shopping center, offices and apartments.
In third place is the Makkah Clock Royal Tower of Mecca / Saudi Arabia. Its height is 601 meters to the top, the observation deck is at a height of 558 meters. In total, the building, which houses a hotel, a shopping center and apartments, has 120 floors, 94 elevators and 16 escalators.
Number 4 is occupied by the One World Trade Center in Manhatten in New York – see the picture below. It stands at the place where the Word Trade Center was destroyed by a terrorist attack in 2011 and measures 541 meters to the top and 417 meters to the roof. The 1 WTC was only completed in November 2014.
The 5th tallest building in the world is the CTF Finance Center in Guangzhou, China, at 530 meters. The tower is used in a mixed way, with office space, a hotel and apartments.
Number 6, the Taipei Tower of Taiwan, is 21 meters smaller. It has 101 floors above ground and was completed in 2004.
The Shanghai World Financial Center of China follows in 7th place. Its landmark is the bridged peak at a height of 494 meters.
8th place is occupied by the International Commerce Center (ICC) of Hong Kong / China. It has 118 floors and houses banks and other business offices as well as the highest hotel in the world on the top 13 floors.
9th and 10th place go to the twin towers of the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, see picture above – in Malaysia.
- 10 Magical Temples in Asia
- 5 Things to Do in Bangkok
- Argentina Travel Guide
- Bolivia Travel Guide
- Brief Information about Sweden
- Brief Information about Ukraine
- Cape Verde Travel Guide
- Estonia Tour Plan
- European History Late Middle Ages
- France Tour Plan
- Germany Travel Guide
- Ireland Travel Guide
- Jordan Travel Guide
- Kenya Travel Guide
- Latvia Travel Guide
- Malta Travel Guide
- National Parks of Sri Lanka
- Nepal Travel Guide
- Oman Culture and Traditions
- Poland Travel Guide
- Qatar Economy
- Russia Location
- Rwanda Travel Guide
- Singapore Green City Melting Pot of Cultures
- Slovenia Travel Guide
- Tanzania Feel The Pulse of The African Wilderness
- Tanzania Travel Guide
- Top 10 Sights in Sweden
- Trips to China
- Trips to Vietnam
- United States Travel Guide
- West Africa Voodoo Traditions and History
- Zimbabwe Geography
U.S. State Outline
- Berkey, Ohio June 5, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Berkey, Ohio is a small village located in Lucas County. It is situated on the banks of the Maumee River, about 16 miles south of Toledo and… Read more
- Calvin, Oklahoma June 4, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Calvin, Oklahoma is located in Hughes County in the southeastern portion of the state. It is situated about 25 miles east of McAlester and 40 miles south… Read more
- Fairview, Oregon June 3, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Fairview, Oregon is located in the northwest corner of the state, nestled in between the Columbia River and the Cascade Mountains. Fairview is a small city with… Read more
- Berwick, Pennsylvania June 2, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Berwick, Pennsylvania is a small town located in the northeast corner of the state, close to the border with New York. The town is situated on the… Read more
- Easley, South Carolina June 1, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Easley, South Carolina is a small town located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Pickens County. The town covers an area of approximately six… Read more
- Eureka, South Dakota May 31, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Easley, South Carolina is a small town located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. It is situated in Pickens County, about 20 miles west of Greenville… Read more
- Collinwood, Tennessee May 30, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Collinwood, Tennessee is located in the southern part of the state, nestled in the hills of the Appalachian Mountains. It is a small town with a population… Read more
- Bayside, Texas May 29, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Bayside, Texas is a small town located on the Gulf Coast of Texas. It is situated on Galveston Bay, which offers a wide array of activities for… Read more
- Hinckley, Utah May 28, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Hinckley, Utah is a small town located in the western part of the state, just south of Salt Lake City. The town is situated in Millard County… Read more
- Grand Isle, Vermont May 27, 2023 - According to ABLOGTOPHONE.COM, Grand Isle, Vermont is a small island located in the northern part of Lake Champlain. It is the most populous municipality in Grand Isle County and is… Read more