The ten tallest buildings in the world are in Asia and the United States. It is the ambition of many countries to own the tallest skyscraper on earth and thus to set a monument for themselves. The race towards this goal sometimes grows strange. That is why the list of the ten tallest buildings in the world is always just a snapshot, because a higher one is already planned or already under construction.
Towers that streak the sky
As long as there are people, they try to get high. Just think of the Tower of Babel or the pyramids of the ancient Egyptians. But it wasn’t until the beginning of the 20th century that they found the opportunity to build the first skyscrapers with the groundbreaking inventions of skeleton construction and the elevator. Today, the most modern technologies and sophisticated technology make it possible to erect buildings of previously unimaginable heights, which are supposed to withstand storms and other weather phenomena even earthquakes. It won’t be long before a building is completed that towers over a kilometer high into the sky. The foundation stone for the Kingdom Tower of Jeddah / Saudi Arabia was laid in 2013 and it is scheduled to be inaugurated in 2019.
The hit parade of the currently tallest buildings on earth
Number 1 on the hit list is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai – see picture above. It measures 829 meters to the top and the roof height is 739 meters. In just 6 years from 2004 to 2010, the building with its 163 floors above ground was completed. It houses a luxury hotel, restaurants and apartments and has 57 elevators and 8 escalators.
Second place is at 632 meters to the top of the Shanghai Tower. Its roof height is 575 meters. It has 121 floors above ground, which are used for a hotel, a shopping center, offices and apartments.
In third place is the Makkah Clock Royal Tower of Mecca / Saudi Arabia. Its height is 601 meters to the top, the observation deck is at a height of 558 meters. In total, the building, which houses a hotel, a shopping center and apartments, has 120 floors, 94 elevators and 16 escalators.
Number 4 is occupied by the One World Trade Center in Manhatten in New York – see the picture below. It stands at the place where the Word Trade Center was destroyed by a terrorist attack in 2011 and measures 541 meters to the top and 417 meters to the roof. The 1 WTC was only completed in November 2014.
The 5th tallest building in the world is the CTF Finance Center in Guangzhou, China, at 530 meters. The tower is used in a mixed way, with office space, a hotel and apartments.
Number 6, the Taipei Tower of Taiwan, is 21 meters smaller. It has 101 floors above ground and was completed in 2004.
The Shanghai World Financial Center of China follows in 7th place. Its landmark is the bridged peak at a height of 494 meters.
8th place is occupied by the International Commerce Center (ICC) of Hong Kong / China. It has 118 floors and houses banks and other business offices as well as the highest hotel in the world on the top 13 floors.
9th and 10th place go to the twin towers of the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, see picture above – in Malaysia.
- 10 Magical Temples in Asia
- 5 Things to Do in Bangkok
- Argentina Travel Guide
- Bolivia Travel Guide
- Brief Information about Sweden
- Brief Information about Ukraine
- Cape Verde Travel Guide
- Estonia Tour Plan
- European History Late Middle Ages
- France Tour Plan
- Germany Travel Guide
- Ireland Travel Guide
- Jordan Travel Guide
- Kenya Travel Guide
- Latvia Travel Guide
- Malta Travel Guide
- National Parks of Sri Lanka
- Nepal Travel Guide
- Oman Culture and Traditions
- Poland Travel Guide
- Qatar Economy
- Russia Location
- Rwanda Travel Guide
- Singapore Green City Melting Pot of Cultures
- Slovenia Travel Guide
- Tanzania Feel The Pulse of The African Wilderness
- Tanzania Travel Guide
- Top 10 Sights in Sweden
- Trips to China
- Trips to Vietnam
- United States Travel Guide
- West Africa Voodoo Traditions and History
- Zimbabwe Geography
U.S. State Outline
- Germany During the Period of the Eastern Franks (814 – 887) January 18, 2022 - Not a generation had passed since the death of Charlemagne, and the phenomenon manifested itself, with all evidence, in the struggles between the sons of Louis the Pious to divide… Read more
- Egypt Arts Part 2 January 11, 2022 - We have little or nothing of the works carried out by the tinite and bubastite pharaohs in their capitals. The Ethiopians, for what they built in Egypt, do not depart… Read more
- Egypt Arts January 4, 2022 - The most ancient Egyptian artistic manifestations date back to the beginning of the prehistoric period. The paintings with which the vases or the walls of the tombs are decorated, the… Read more
- Paro, Bhutan December 28, 2021 - Paro, Bhutan: In the heart of the Himalayas Paro is a historic small town in western Bhutan. It is located at an altitude of around 2,400 kilometers and has a… Read more
- Attractions in Alice Springs, Australia December 21, 2021 - Alice Springs Gateway to unique natural wonders in the outback The city is located in the hot heart of Australia and is the only major city within a radius of… Read more
- Sights in Togo December 14, 2021 - The West African Togo is undoubtedly one of the least known countries in Africa - also one of the smallest, because the extension from east to west is a maximum… Read more
- Travel to Beautiful Cities in Portugal December 7, 2021 - Here you will find study trips and round trips through the metropolises of Portugal Lisbon Take a study tour through Lisbon, a city that is located on the Iberian Peninsula… Read more
- Motovun, Croatia November 30, 2021 - Motovun Motovun is a village in central Istria in Croatia. The medieval town, which was built on the site of an ancient city called Castellieri, has about 530 inhabitants. It… Read more
- Bratislava, Slovakia Architecture and Culture November 23, 2021 - Architecture According to allcitycodes.com, the city of Bratislava has undergone a profound transformation from an architectural point of view since the beginning of the 21st century, yet it is still characterized… Read more
- United Kingdom Economy November 16, 2021 - The UK economy is made up (in descending order of size) of the economies of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Based on market exchange rates, the UK is today… Read more