At every match for any sport, besides good physical condition, are very important mental state. Part of this mental state is good concentration before and during the race. How do you temporarily turn off negative emotions?And how can you measure the centering during exercise or improve in other situations?
Importance of concentration during exercise
To get in a game or training for optimal results, you must literally under all circumstances, when it comes to focus on them. This applies to both the so-called explosive sport, which must be delivered within a few seconds or minutes, as well as for endurance sports, in which the energy and concentration must remain for several hours up to standard.
Concentration allows you to focus on one point or topic and attention to stay as long as necessary. In the sport, draws attention never yielded only one point, but attention is given to a set of topics that are associated with each other within a given circuit. In tennis, for example, you can focus on your moves, but also on the track, the opponent, tennis balls, etc. In addition, you do not need to be distracted by sensory input from outside the circle of your concentration. Like hearing the noisy crowd, feel the rain, and feel stomach pains. Concentration of athletes can even go so far that the athlete forgets himself. This is done by focusing intently on what you do. Provided the technical skill is accomplished, then follow the sublime performance.
How to reach, after all, quality, concentrated at the right time?
Eliminate negative feelings
- To eliminate negative perceptions about emotions, such as fear of the public, can be processed before the competition. The hooting and shouting from the audience can be recorded and played back during a training session. By listening to them consciously occurs habituation.
- To investigate the influence of a match in a “foreign” eliminate, can advance slides and recordings of the venue to be seen. You can also watch the match location aware before the match and in the recording. Work there than thought in your own sport from beginning to end.
- To solve the big spasms on, you can search the diversion. For example, by reading a book or doing puzzles. There should be enough distraction to reduce excessive and disruptive attention before the game, but you should not be so strong increase of distractions, to reduce the concentration and reduce activiteisniveau during the match occurs. When there is a long delay before the game starts, it is important to do something completely different. The infinite forbidden in an area of future measures constitutes a major threat to it is carried out properly.
The positive work to improve concentration
For that competition, body and soul are equally active. With a good motivation and sufficient time and patience can improve concentration.
- ] Experience things more conscious in General, but especially during games and practices. By consciously see, hear, feel, smell and proefen is the perception of increased factual knowledge increased, and strengthens memory. Get more experience from a workout or race can do better analyses, helps.
- Pay attention to your breathing. First create rhythmic breathing and calm. Tel after each exhale and hold on to count to 10. Then start counting from 1 to 10 and repeat five times. Although this seems easy, that many other thoughts will inevitably creep in. These thoughts you may be up, but pay attention to the breath flow and keep counting. The thoughts disappear of itself, and it naturally occurs, rest and relaxation.
- Work out withdrawal of thoughts as you want, calmly and deliberately, so that it is taken for granted and you can use it during a match. Take for example a topic in mind and put assocaties this topic until you’ve had all the associations. When you become distracted by other thoughts in the meantime, try to go back to the topic. Often, we find ideas that match our mood. Make it take a positive mood of pleasant thoughts. Only positive thoughts, focusing on the measures to be carried out during a match, and the area around it can achieve a targeted concentration of this action.
- Try to be selective, inattent, or to distinguish the essential from the side issues of the Observer pattern. This way you can work out a good example during a workout in five minutes to listen to everything around you. Then try to focus your concentration on yourself and on the steps that you must perform and exclude all what not to do with this Act. This is an exercise to learn and prove you also with disruptive elements can come back you go back to yourself and act.
- Way to a relaxing moment to close your eyes and experience in mind all movements during part of a contest. Feel yourself standing at the beginning to the end. See how each part of the body moves, the body parts in relation to each other or move with each other and feel the muscle tension. Once you’ve done it a few times, you run the whole Act-you perform optimally in mind-really. Then make you aware of the differences between performance in mind and implement in reality.
How to Become a Sports Psychologist (with Pictures)
How does Stress Affect Performance?
Stress and Anxiety P3.
Section B: Psychology of sport performance
Sleep deprived? It can cost your job (view pics)
Six week psychological training programme Unit 17 …
How to Manage Arousal Levels for Competitive Advantage …
A2 Psychology of Sport Emotional control (anxiety …
Improve Athletic Performance with Hypnosis
How to Manage Arousal Levels for Competitive Advantage …
Diversity is beautiful: Nerds and Nerdettes
Hagger and Chatzisarantis, Chapter 7
The Interplay of Exercise and MusicProfessional Supplement …
The Effects of Arousal on Sports Performance (with …
Sports Hypnosis Cork Ireland
How To Build Self-Confidence As A Triathlete